Wednesday 21 October 2015

How to make chrome stop from suggesting a particular url



Have you ever tried to type starting of a url in google chrome and saw some weird suggestions? Or may be you visited a site once in your life for me it was "www.iss.k12.nc.us" and later if you just type iss for anything this suggestion would show up every single time. This is even true when you have bookmarked a different site with similar initial name like "https://lss.at.ufl.edu" which happens to be my universities site. I visit this site often but I find whenever I type "iss.." something, chrome just gives me “www.iss.k12.nc.us". Every single time. It was annoying. But after googling for solution I found that we can point to this url while search and press shift+ delete and that will delete it completely. But this doesn’t work if you are on mac. I tried many times but failed and this was so frustrating. I don’t want other to go through this so here it is. Solution is also at this link.

Problem: Stop chrome from suggesting same url again and again on mac.
Solution is use this key combination: fn+command+delete.
Note:
fn as in function key
command is command key
I understand that solution is simple( wont’ say trivial) but still it is worth sharing.
I hope this blog comes first in search so that other users can save some time. Please tweet and share it on Facebook if you found this solution helpful.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Ramanjali
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com