Friday 7 November 2014

MOTO E Charging problem


So after my beloved Nexus 4 was stolen i have to get another stock android smart phone and i decided to go with Moto E. This decision have nothing to do with my parsimonousness, if anything reason were perhaps sdcard feature(not present in Moto G) and smaller screen with lesser resolution giving more than two and half day of battery life. Combined with me begin not techsavy Moto E was perfect.
Until one morning my phone stopped charging or connecting/mounting on my mac as a media device. I tried rebooting and various other normal futile debugging exercises. Solution was apparently very simple. All that I had to do was turn the USB Computer connection type from Media Device(MTP) to Camera(PTP).

Problem:

Moto E not charging with usb or power cable. And not showing on computer as media device.

Solution:

Change the USB Computer Connection type from Media Device (MTP) to Camera(PTP).

Reason:

Don't know for sure. But I think this problem might have started when I unknowingly disconnected mobile from my Linux/mac without proper unmounting. I am just guessing here.

This problem is still present i.e. i am not able to charge my mobile in MTP mode.  
Having received  more than 10K viewer on my previous post relating to Nexus 4 usb charging problem solution I thought this post might help another lost soul, so here is the reason i am posting it.
I am trying with many other kind of combination for debugging but if someone finds the solution for same please let me know.

Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Ramanjali
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com